Non EU students enrolment


Non-European candidates, wherever they reside and regularly residing in Italy or in a European Union country, have unrestricted access to university courses if they hold a qualification corresponding to the required Italian qualification.

If you are a non-European student without the need for a visa and regularly residing in Italy with a regular study visa, you may present your academic documents directly to the Coordinator of the Course in which you wish to enrol. You will therefore not need to pre-register on the Universitaly Portal.

Documents to be sent for the evaluation of the foreign qualification

– eventual translations

– legalisations

– Diploma Supplement

– exam certificates

– certificates from the Italian ENICNARIC centre (CIMEA)

– any declarations of value issued by the competent diplomatic representations

Do I have to take the Italian language knowledge test?

1. If you choose a three-year degree course, magistral degree course or single-cycle magistral degree course in ITALIAN, a B2 level Italian language proficiency is required, which must be demonstrated in the following ways:

– by uploading to the Universitaly portal when filling out the pre-enrolment application one of the certifications of competence in Italian language in grades no lower than level B2 of the Council of Europe, issued within the CLIQ (Certificazione Lingua Italiana di Qualità) quality system, which brings together in association the current certifying bodies (University for Foreigners of Perugia, University for Foreigners of Siena, Roma Tre University, Società “Dante Alighieri”), as well as issued by the University for Foreigners “Dante Alighieri” of Reggio Calabria, also in agreement with Italian Cultural Institutes abroad or other accredited bodies. These certifications may have been obtained in the country of origin, in affiliated examination venues around the world;

– if you are not in possession of one of the above-mentioned Council of Europe level B2 Italian language proficiency certifications, you have to demonstrate your language proficiency through an Italian language proficiency test. Procedures and timing will be communicated by e-mail by the coordinator of the chosen course. The result of the language proficiency assessment must be certified in the pre-enrolment application.

Important: those who satisfy at least one of the requirements listed on p. 10 [LINK CIRCOLARE MUR PAG 10] are exempt from the Italian language knowledge test.

2.If you choose a three-year, five-year or single-cycle degree course in ENGLISH, level B2 Italian language proficiency is not required. Remember that an international certificate attesting to the level of English language skills (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge, etc.) is useful for the issue of the visa by the diplomatic/consular Representation.


How does admission to the course of study work?

First-cycle and single-cycle degree courses may be reserved access or not (at local or national level). If the degree course is reserved access, you have to register for the admission test; admission to the degree course depends on the test score and consequently on the position in the ranking with respect to the other candidates. To find out how and when to register for the admission test, download and read the announcement on the degree course website.


How can I enrol?

Once you have successfully passed the selection procedures described in the call for applications, or have done everything necessary to complete the assessment of basic knowledge, you can proceed to enrolment, by contacting the relevant Secretary’s office for your chosen course of study. Visit The secretariat will provide you with the fee payment form and the enrolment form.

Documents required for enrolment

– Copy of passport

– Application form

– 1 passport photo

– Tax code

– Residence permit (proof of having applied for it)

– Declaration of value issued by the Italian Embassy in the country where the degree was obtained or certificate of validity issued by ENIC-NARIC centres.

Important: always check the instructions on the degree programme’s website.


Eropean students €200/year (tuition fees) + €140/year regional tax (compulsory) + €16.00 legal stamp (compulsory)

Non-european students €140/year regional fee (compulsory) + €16.00 legal stamp (compulsory)

Courses can start as early as September/October and, generally, are held thorough the end of May/middle of June. Teaching activities are divided into two semesters: from September to February and from February to July.

There are two half–term holidays, at Christmas and Easter, and a summer holiday, from the end of July to the beginning of the courses of the next academic year (visit

Torna in alto